JK Ration Card is an essential document for the citizens of India. It is the responsibility of the J&K state to issue the ration card to every family. Like other states, Jammu and Kashmir people are also entitled to get a ration card and for this Jammu and Kashmir have introduced an online system through which they can issue new or renewed ration cards. The authorities have also released a list of ration card holders in their portal where the residents of Jammu and Kashmir can check their names and details. Below in this article, we have compiled the information about the JK Ration card list and the procedure to apply for a new or renew J&K ration card for the residents of the state. Read on to get complete information about the aforesaid topics.
The Food and Civil Supplies Department of Jammu and Kashmir has released the list of ration cardholders in the state. The list is available to district/tehsil-wise. The J&K Ration Card New List 2022 is available online at jk.epds.nic.in.
Update: Beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana will get a free ration till March 2022.
JK Ration Card 2022
Now all the citizen of the state who had previously made fresh registrations for ration cards can check their name online or download the E-PDS list. In the available list, the citizens can also check the names of eligible citizens for APL / BPL / Antyodaya / NFSA beneficiaries.
To make it easy for the citizen of J&K to state the authorities made the ration card public. Now all the citizens can check their names in the list of APL / BPL / Antyodaya / NFSA beneficiaries online. Further in this article, we have given a link that will take you to a page where you can check your name in the list of new ration cards.
In the latest list released by the J&K govt people can now look for the name in the ration cards for below poverty line (BPL) / Antyodaya beneficiaries generated by e-PDS. This online system has made the process of finding the name of beneficiaries under different schemes easier. Now people can check online whether they are eligible or not for the schemes released by the central government for the BPL families.
One Nation One Ration Card
As we all understand that Ration Card is an essential document for the APL / BPL families. To take the benefits of most govt schemes in Jammu & Kashmir the citizen of the state need their ration cards. Only the ration cardholders can purchase Ration at subsidized rates from Ration Shops located in their areas.
J&K Ration Card List 2022
You can also check the status of the J&K ration card application online, after checking the status you will reach two conclusions; either your name has been updated in the list or the work is under process on your application. If your name is on the list then you must want to download the ration card for yourself. The officials have made it easy to download the ration card from the official website. Here are the steps that you need to follow to download your ration card to get the benefits of different schemes.
- First of all, you will have to visit jk.epds.nic.in/JK/epds and under “Reports” and then in the “MIS & Reports” column.
- On the next page, you will get a link with the title “RATION CARD DRILLDOWN REPORT”, Click on it.
- Now the district-wise J&K ration card list will appear on your screen. Here you will have to select the name of the district and the J&K tehsil-wise ration card list will appear on the screen of your computer.
- Now click on the Village name to open the FPS-wise J&K Ration Card List.
- A new window will appear on the screen where you will have to click on the FPS ID to open the Jammu and Kashmir Ration Card List.
- As another option, you can also click the link on the numbers given under the different columns such as BPL, AAY, PHH, etc. to check your name in the officially released list of ration cardholders in the village.
How To Download J&K Ration Card List (District / Tehsil Wise)
In this section, we have compiled the process to download the J&K ration card list available online for districts and tehsil wise. The applicant will not get any direct link to download the area-wise list so they need to read this section carefully. Applicants cannot download the list but they can take it hardcopy by using the “Print” button given at the bottom of the list. Look at the image given below to understand it.
The report will be available online in the given format and you will have to click on the print button to get it.
Eligibility To Apply For the JK Ration Card
Look at the eligibility criteria released by the officials
to apply for the ration card in the state;
- The applicants and his/her family must be Indian citizens and all of them should be residents of the state.
- They must not have any family card or ration in any State in India.
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- If you are newly married and have your name on your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates
Important Documents To Apply For
J&K Ration Card
Here is the list of
documents that you will need to apply for the ration card in the J&K;
- Address Proof of the applicant. It can be one of the followings; an attested copy of
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Bank Passbook
- Post Office Passbook
- Municipal Holding receipt
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- A copy of the age certificate/school leaving certificate of the head of the family.
- Copies of birth certificates of minor members (Below 10 years of age)
- A copy of income proof of the family.
- One Id proof. voter ID card, driving license, and Aadhaar card will be the valid documents for this category.
- 1 Passport-size photograph of the applicant.
- Self Declaration and Certificate From Pradhan/Ward Councillor.
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard
- Tenancy agreement if the applicant is a tenant.
- Detailed particulars of family members
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS&CA authority where the applicant previously resided (applying in a new place)
- Aadhaar Card
So you must have all the documents as mentioned above and also all the documents must be attested by a gazette officer, MLA or MP or the municipal councillor as applicable.
How To Apply for Ration Card in Jammu & Kashmir
If you don’t have a ration card yet then you will not be able to get the ration at reasonable rates distributed by the central government in your area. Moreover, this card is an essential document and is considered ID and address proof. Here we have given the steps to apply for the ration card in J&K.
To apply for the ration card in J&K you will approach the officials offline. For the offline process, you can apply to the Tehsil Supply Officers (TSO) office by filling out the application form available with them.
- To apply online here is the link AND FPS dealer link. After clicking on the given link select the menu “DS Stake Holders >> In States >> FPS Dealers AND District food and supply officer in both the above link.
- Now you will have to select your state (J&K) and a new page will appear on the screen.
- Here you will get a form, take its printout and fill in all the information asked in the application form, and sign at the appropriate places.
- Now again you will have to visit the respective office and submit the form to apply for a ration card.
- Attach all required asked documents and apply them to the authority.
- On accepting your application, officials will check the details and issue a receipt as an acknowledgement.
- You are to keep the receipt safe with you for future reference,
- Now the officials will initiate the ground-level verification and physical inspection. This process will be conducted by the Supply Officer. As the process will start, the applicant will also get a notification.
- If all the process is successful, the applicant will get the ration card.
- The card will be delivered to the applicant through post or on hand. The applicant will also get an update on the phone via SMS
Important Addresses to Apply for the JK Ration Card
The applicants can
get the offline application form for new ration cards from the addresses given
below or from the tehsil of their area;
Supply & Consumer Affairs Department Srinagar (May-Oct)
Room No. 158-59/AB, 1st Floor, Secretariat Srinagar
Ph :0194-2506084 (Tel)
Supply & Consumer Affairs Department Jammu (Nov-Apr)
1/26, Mini Block, Civil Secretariat, Jammu
Winding It Up
The article has everything related to the J&K ration card. If in case you have any further queries, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.
Right now only the offline application mode is available in the state but soon we can expect it will be available online mode too.
It can be downloaded from jkfcsca official website or from a nearby ration dealer of DFO.